WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
This job is open in Rwanda Country Office. The job holder will be working under the direct supervision of the head of HR, receiving guidance and regular feedback on work performed. The Job holder will support the collation, maintenance, analysis, and reporting of information to maximize the effectiveness of HR services.
To support the delivery of professional client-focused HR services, partnering with managers to implement HR solutions in line with corporate priorities.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
To support the delivery of professional, client-focused HR services, partnering with managers to implement HR solutions in line with WFP corporate priorities.
- Support HR operational activities or projects that are aligned to business needs, following standard processes and ensuring alignment with wider WFP policies.
2. Respond to queries from managers and staff, understanding their issues and ensuring policies, procedures, processes, systems, and tools are available and correctly applied to support them.
3. Contribute to the effective management of the employment relationship between WFP and its staff, by administering conditions of service, contracts, and appropriate entitlements.
4. Support staff capability building, working with managers to understand individual skills and business requirements, and organizing development solutions that equip people with the skills and knowledge required to meet current and future challenges.
5. Identify and assess future and current training needs through job analysis, career paths, annual performance appraisals, surveys, consultation with line managers and staff members, as needed.
6. Design and implement a robust L&D plan from the learning needs, leveraging available resources to build and promote a learning culture. Develop and maintain a yearly training budget.
7. Monitor and evaluate the training program’s effectiveness, success and periodically report on them.
8. Support and deliver onboarding activities to ensure new employees have a positive experience of WFP and are successfully integrated into their new role and the organization.
9. Provide support in building talent within WFP, working with managers to understand their needs and organizing solutions to recruit, retain and develop a high-caliber workforce to deliver the business strategy.
10. Support the implementation of appropriate Performance Management approaches that ensure evaluations are conducted on time and are of the desired standards.
11. Support organizational design activities that enable senior management to define and organize structures and jobs and allocate people to the right places in order to improve efficiency.
12.Collate data and contribute to the preparation of accurate and timely reporting, supporting a WFP-wide view of HR activities that enables informed decision-making and consistent information for stakeholders.
13. Conduct straightforward data analysis under the close guidance of a senior HR Officer, in order to support others on projects or contribute to process efficiencies and improvements.
14. Other as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced university degree in Human Resource Management, Public or Business Administration, Industrial Psychology or other relevant fields, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience or trainings/courses.
Experience: Typically Three or more years of postgraduate professional experience in Human Resources with an interest in international humanitarian development.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Advanced knowledge of Talent Acquisition and People Management tools, practices, strategy and implementation.
• Experience in Performance Management principles, Knowledge of tools and implementation strategies.
• Experience in Learning and Development, extensive knowledge of strategies and implementation and ability to facilitate and
• deliver trainings.
• Ability to effectively make use the performance management, learning and recruitment software platforms and tools.
• Broad or specialized knowledge of HR best practices, techniques and processes with some understanding of the basic
• theoretical background.
• Ability to supervise and support more junior and/or less experienced members of the team.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to analyze data, draw conclusions and recommend a course of action.
• Effective communication skills required to give and receive information and work with a variety of individuals.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with clients and provide client-oriented service. Ability to identify client’s
• needs and match them to appropriate solutions.
• Ability to establish priorities, and to plan, coordinate and monitor own work plan and those under his/her supervision.
• Knowledge of, or ability to quickly assimilate, UN/WFP specific processes and systems
Language: Fluency (level C) in both, written and verbal communication in English. Intermediate (level B) in French.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
JOB TITLE: HR Officer
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Fixed Term
DUTY STATION (City, Country): Kigali, Rwanda
DURATION:1 Year Renewable
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
The deadline for submitting applications is on 12 July 2022 CAT.
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
1. In collaboration with Ngwino.com, we would like to inform people who need work (Jobs) or related information that they can join us on Whats’up through (Whats’up)
2. If you would like to advertise, have a question, comment or comment on the information we provide you can write to us or call us by calling: 0736206687