Informatics Professional Intern Opportunity at IntraHealth: (Deadline 4 August 2022)
Informatics Professional Intern Opportunity
For almost 40 years in over 100 countries, IntraHealth has partnered with local communities to make sure health workers are present where they are needed most, ready to do the job, connected to the technology they need, and safe to do their very best work. Our programs are designed with a deep understanding of and appreciation for the context of human rights, gender equality and discrimination, economic empowerment, and changing populations. And the longstanding relationships we have built with government agencies, private-sector partners, and members of civil society make our efforts stronger and more effective. Join us and together we can make lasting changes in global health—for all of us.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
IntraHealth seeks an Informatics Professional Intern for the USAID Ingobyi Activity. The Ingobyi Activity supports the Ministry of Health (MOH) to contribute to the reduction of infant and maternal mortality and incidence of malaria in Rwanda, focusing on improving the availability, quality, and utilization of RMNCH and malaria services and improving the health of women, adolescents, and children under five. The Informatics Professional Intern will assist the MEL Team to deliver day-to-day administrative support to the ongoing MEL Activities. The duration of this internship is for three (3) month period with possibility to be extended for another period of three (3) months depending on Intern’s performance and availability of funds.
The internship offers the Intern an opportunity to apply knowledge and skills learned from a training institution in a real-world setting. Therefore, the Intern is not entitled to wages or a promise of employment at the completion of the internship period. The activities carried out during the internship must be in conformity with IntraHealth International Rwanda Office’s mission and goals, as well as mental and physical capabilities of the Intern.
- Support the Ingobyi Activity Informatics and Use Advisor to provide programmatic guidance and technical assistance to strengthen knowledge management and data demand within the Ingobyi Activity and throughout all levels of the health sector.
- Support the Informatics and Use Advisor to develop appropriate strategies and tools for strengthening the use of HMIS data, including creation of DHIS2 training resources, user guides, and data use protocols.
- Support Ingobyi technical staff to access and use other data visualization technologies for ongoing program monitoring and adaptability. E.g., DHIS 2, Tableau, Power BI, QGIS/Reveal and other applications.
- Works closely with other teams across the organization and contributes to team meetings to understand and mitigate issues as well as improve performance.
- Support, Develops, updates, repairs, and modifies DHIS 2 modules to comply with the USAID Ingobyi Activity requirements.
- Trains new DHIS 2 users on data management and provides technical support at all levels.
- Supports users by developing documentation, quality assurance, collection, and assistance tools.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Fresh graduates – graduated within the last two years.
- A minimum of bachelor’s degree or higher in health informatics, ICT, Computer Science, Computer Engineering public health or others related field.
- Computer literacy and ability to use Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience using digital data collection tools such as Kobotoolbox, ODK.
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to support digitalization process.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, interpret, and present data such that it can be easily understood and relevant for decision making.
- Rwandan nationality.
- Good communication skills in English and/or French – knowledge of both languages is an asset.
- Current enrollment in a medical insurance scheme.
How to apply:
Applications must be sent to the Chief of Party via email: HR-Rwanda@intrahealth.org with “Informatics Professional Intern” in the subject line, no later than August 4, 2022.
The application file should be submitted in one PDF file (this is a must) that combines:
- Motivation letter and updated CV which has 3 professional references, including current and previous direct supervisors with their full names, phone number and email address.
- Copy of academic degrees.
- Copy of medical insurance card.
- Proof of completed assignments if any.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment and consultancies.