4 Job Positions of Rwanda CLA Activity Scope of Work Fellows at ME&A Inc: (Deadline 5 August 2022)
Rwanda CLA Activity
Scope of Work
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Duration of the Fellowship: One year
Number of fellows: Four (4)
The USAID/Rwanda Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) Activity, which is administered by USAID and implemented by ME&A, Inc. (ME&A), is designed to improve USAID/Rwanda’s performance monitoring, evaluation, collaboration, learning, and adapting processes to ensure the Mission effectively utilizes data in all decision-making processes. We are currently recruiting fellows for the CLA Activity, funded by USAID Rwanda.
To ensure CLA Activity is achieving its objective of enabling USAID/Rwanda to better support, strengthen and enhance the capacity of Rwandan Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Practitioners and firms. To achieve this objective, the USAID/Rwanda CLA Activity provides internships for Rwandan MEL practitioners.
Under the direct supervision of the MEL Team, the fellows will be provided with rigorous professional development in building a career in MEL, and at the same time supporting the USAID/Rwanda CLA Activity achieve its objectives. Fellows will receive a certificate of completion at the end of the one-year capacity strengthening program.
Specific Tasks and Responsibilities:
The MEL Fellows will be a part of the CLAA MEL Team for a period of 1 year. The CLAA Fellowship will
Specifically, the tasks will include:
- Take part in classroom and on job trainings on MEL systems and frameworks; data collection tools development, data collection methods, analysis, and report writing.
- Classroom training and on job mentorship in Collaboration, Learning and Adapting approaches for development results.
- Engage in professional development workshops and activities to build monitoring and evaluation skills and experience. Work with the CLA Activity team in designing, conducting, and managing assessments evaluations and other research studies.
- Part of the fellowship will involve secondment to any organization to gain hand on practical experience on MEL.
- Work closely with CLAA Sr. MEL Advisor and MEL Specialist to ensure the fellowship program learning activities are effectively implemented.
- Any other capacity strengthening assignments assigned by the supervisor.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral Kinyarwanda and English language skills.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to meet management deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize, with the aim of providing administrative support in an efficient manner.
- Ability to work well as part of a multi-disciplinary team in an office environment.
- Proficiency with MS Word and Excel required.
- A Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Agriculture, Health sciences, Development, Education, Political Science, or Computer Science.
- A 0 – 2 years of professional experience in relevant field;
- Fluency in Kinyarwanda and English;
- Proven high level of integrity and professionalism;
- Good communication skills in speaking and writing;
- Demonstrated flexibility and capacity to adapt to and operate in new environments.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
Submission of Applications deadline
The deadline for Application is 5th August 2022 at 01:00 Pm.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit one page Cover letter, and updated CV (maximum two pages) and names, title, and contacts of three professional referees, to include most current employer (All should be in one document) via email only to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the position applied for clearly indicated in the subject line.
The applications submitted after deadline will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.